A continuing exploration of how to get around the Playa in style. Last week's part one is here.
stellar use of a golfcart
Art cars come into their own at nighttime. The visual and auditory splendor will stop you in your tracks, yet they're infinitely harder to capture on camera. Especially without a tripod. In fact, any crisp shots here can probably be attributed to Mark, who has a much steadier hand than I.
Hopping a ride on the bigger art cars, as previously mentioned, is a tricky endeavor. We did manage to climb aboard a few of the smaller ones, and even hitched an illicit ride on the back of the big pirate bus, at least until a disembodied voice ordered us off. Good call, as we would likely have tumbled off on our own after breathing exhaust fumes straight from the source.
we actually got a ride on this one
badass poultrymobile - the base was a funky Cadillac
the Holy Grail of art cars - we hopped a short ride on the very back
a perennial favorite. the wings flap!
pure tikilicious genius
Check out more fabulous travel photos at Delicious Baby's Photo Friday.
* Photo Friday: Burning Man art cars, part one
* Photo Friday: ab-fab, sweetie-dahling
* Photo Friday: my night with oktapodi
* Photo Friday: this is your brain on Burning Man
* browse all 2008 Burning Man pics
* read all Burning Man blog posts
* check out the Burning Man website